Monday, September 12, 2005

A Tale of Embarrassing Consequence

I've had my share of red-faced moments -- from the time I made peanut brittle using spicy peanuts (age 7) to the time I mistakenly shot a basketball into the opponents hoop (age 22) -- but I think I have finally reached the point in my life where embarrassment no longer holds such a strong grip over waking life.

This past Friday was the turning point. I spent the evening alone in the apartment, half by choice, half by circumstance, so I decided to make the best of it. I popped in a total guy movie -- Terminator 2. Long story short -- I should not be left alone. The following is proof that I no longer worry about what others will think:

Unshaven and at two in the morning, I made myself into a terminator. Look at the sheer determination in my eyes -- my stubble screaming "I'll be back!" I won't bore you with the details of how it happened, except to say that sometimes when you insert a dvd into your computer, entirely new levels of geekdom become unlocked as if by magic.

The less bold of you out there might fear the repercussions of me posting this godawful picture -- and you bring a valid point. The question must be asked: "Won't your girlfriend break up with you for being so incredibly nerdy?" Well, first off, thank you for assuming I have a girlfriend. A more astute reader would have considered the fact that I spent Friday night alone watching movies and creating man/machine photo fiction and deduced that I am a lonely, lonely man. This could not be further from the truth, however -- she has some embarrassing secrets of her own:




4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I was Jeff's dad.
That is a funny-ass picture.

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dammit, I totally forgot to mention that that last post was by me!

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DAMMIT! I forgot to mention that "me" is actually "I."

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris. Richman.

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home