Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Lunchtime...

At work, I tend to eat lunch at my desk -- not only can I browse the internet for articles of incredible relevance to my daily life, but I can also figure out what I'm going to do when I get home.

Since the topic of couch hunting is on my mind (see previous
posts), I started thinking about my beloved $40 college couch. For the uninitiated, the couch was a masterpiece of sea green upholstery and metal springs. Those who dared to nap on it wept openly - their tears awash in the plush cushions. The space inside the cushions was ample - roomy enough for a case of beer or a short girlfriend. Anyone willing to risk life and limb to explore the inner cushions were rewarded with a buffet of forgotten snack foods from Sundays past. I can only wonder where that old couch is now...

As my brother and I search for a new couch to occupy the room, I am afraid we will never find a couch with the
majesty of the old...I guess that's the price we pay for progress.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too experienced the couch and it was everything you describe it to be Jake. Man, I miss that thing and wish you men had conviently left it here. Maybe as a permanent extension of the "wall of fame". Yes ... the couch of fame.

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home