Saturday, January 29, 2005

B-side, bitches.

Hey, it's been a day or two, hasn't it? The end of the work week turned utilitarian on me all of sudden and I just focused on making it to the weekend. Last night was a Ben Folds concert at Dickinson with my shadow - it was rescheduled after a cancellation back in November.

Dickinson's venue was sweet - medium sized auditorium seating with an open wooden floor in front of the stage (imagine a Mad Cow show in there!). The setting was intimate - a bit different from the last time I got my suburbs rocked in NY. Ben Lee opened, played some funny shit and brought a fan onstage to sing one of my favorites from last year - Bruised.

But I won't obsess about the concert - if you've never attended, the audience sing-alongs are worth the price for fans and non-fans alike, so enough said. After the show I was so happy to be with my girl for more than a few hours that I celebrated by getting lost on the way home.

Heading out to the movies this afternoon - hope to get some pictures up by tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home